Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Crock Pot Chicken, or Crazy Tuesday!!!!

Today has been a day of change and surprises, which makes life so very interesting. Especially with kids. We woke up in a cuddly mood and stayed in bed for about an after after having awakened (and after I retrieved 2 milk cups to stave off the horrible hunger that haunts our house). Then we finally got up and ate some apple sauce and some mixed berry jam yogurt, while seat-boogying to Pandora kids folk songs. Seeing that the twins were covered in milk drips, yogurt crusts and little tiny specks of apple, and needing a shower desperately myself, I decided it would be a family shower day! So I turned on the shower and undressed both babies, and pt them into the shower. I received a phone call just as I was about to join them in the shower. The PG&E man was calling to say he was 10 minutes out from our appointment. WAIT! what?? Today is TUESDAY??? Oh my goodness, did I forget the appointment? So I jumped in the shower and quickly washed the necessary. As quickly as possible got dressed, and called Moose out of the shower. I dressed him feverishly, and as I was done and about to call Ana out, the phone rang again! So I pulled her out and left the shower running while I rushed to open the door. I apologized profusely and ran back to my room, turned off the shower, and dressed her in 1 minute flat! All the while he went about his business looking at the heater, and checking it out. When I was done, he had his assessment ready: the filter was absolutely filthy! So replacement will be very very necessary.

As soon as that was finished, I carried our wash down to the car with twins in tow and dropped off the promised gas money to Ray's car. Then we went on our way to Burlingame to work. Today was our first day of Milo's new schedule, since he officially moved up another bracket in his swimming (YAY!). His practice is now at 5:15 instead of 4:30. So after wrangling with the boy over how much homework he must finish, and discovering his desperate need for a snack through his strikingly rude attitude, we got to the fun times of playing. Then suddenly it was time to go! So I packed up everyone and everything in the car (with a surprise visit from the Christians bearing Milo's forgotten Valentines), and dropped the kid off at his practice. Then I rushed home trying to beat both the traffic and the financial planners to our house!

When I got home I rushed over to check on the chicken I had previously coated with Italian seasoning and salt and pepper, as well as covering with water, and placing on low. It was very well done, so I turned it off. I quickly cut up some potatoes and placed them into some water to boil, and steamed some kale at the same time. The phone rang alerting us that the planner was here and we let him in, along with his boss, who happened to be with him! Strange, but nice, as they both are very lovely gentlemen. As soon as the potatoes were done I mashed them up with a little yogurt and garlic powder and cut up 2 stalks of kale, and fed the kids. Ray and I ate as soon as our meeting was over. I think I turned the chicken on too early, and that I under seasoned it for the time period, but the meal was delicious!

I am absolutely exhausted from a day of change, which not only I am not exceptional at dealing with, but also throw the twins off and make them even more silly and cuddly than normal! The storm is starting to rage outside, or at least the wind to blow heavily, so I think I'll stop now, and go finish the dishes, before the power goes out and this post is useless! Nos pars.

PS. It appears I was an idiot and completely forgot to press "POST" on the last two posts, so now they are up as well, however needing pictures, which is what I suspect I was waiting for. I will edit in the morning. Thanks for being patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment