Saturday, February 12, 2011

Fondue, or Date Night with My Honey

Today was a crazy crazy day! We started it by getting everything ready for our big commute to Kelly's house, via mass transit! Having had no car throughout my college career, I am actually very good at taking public conveyance, but I have never taken the twins and was feeling very nervous. We gathered all our supplies and piled the twins into the stroller and off we went. First we walked to the big bus stop up a stop light on ECR to catch the express bus. We got on the low deck bus with no problems, and two very nice people popped up and lifted the seats for the stroller to park in the wheelchair area. Our driver had a propensity for stopping VERY quickly and the twins were very scared on the bus at first. After about 10 minutes though, they relaxed into the experience and started noticing all the people INSIDE the BUS with us, and it got to be very fun! As soon as we got to the train station, we disembarked from the bus and hurried into the station. After having gotten some coffee for mama and some lavendar cake for the babies, we grabbed our tickets and went under the tracks in the tunnel to the proper side. This is where I started to get very nervous. Most of the trains require you to climb up 5 stairs to the seating area, and have very little areas for wheelchair users, and thus would be very very hard for a stroller. I was not excited about the prospect of getting each kid out and sticking them individually up on the train then grabbing the compacted stroller and STUFF and then finding a seat, so imagine my delight when a low deck "baby bullet" train pulled up to our station for the "every stop" schedule! With the help of two very lovely people I got the twins onto the train in stroller very easily. As soon as the next stop was called, a couple vacated their seats providing us with the golden opportunity of a 4 seater all to ourselves. I quickly unbuckled the twins and unburdened the stroller and collapsed the stroller down, moving everything swiftly to our newly acquired seats! Soon enough it was time for our station to be called, and I repacked the gear with the kids and we disembarked from the train! To the sounds of our yelling goodbye and waving, the train pulled off, and we walked to Kelly's house.

My brother in law generously offered to watch the twins for me while I went and got my hair done, and as soon as they were fed, and diapers changed, and happily playing in the back yard, I left! I got my highlights, my semi-permanent all over color and the most fabulous cut ever!

Then after a little chilling with my babies and my sister and her family, I got all dolled up and went to meet the hubs at the Melting Pot. We thoroughly enjoyed our meal. It started with a shrimp cocktail, then some cheese fondue (Wisconsin Trio with crab, bread, green apples and veggies), then a loverly salad with a raspberry vinegarette, followed by the main fondue of coq au vin with lobster, steak, duck, pork, shrimp, chicken and veggies. The entire meal was accompanied by copious amounts of a California sparkling wine, and was finished by a delightful dark chocolate raspberry fondue with mixed deserts, including strawberries and cheesecake! Ah my mouth is watering and my stomach full just thinking about it! I'm typing this now as I am seriously ready to pass out. I will not be able to post again until Monday as this weekend is jammed pack and I need a tiny break! I'll chat with you all again in the new week! Nos pars!!

No comments:

Post a Comment