Saturday, February 12, 2011

Kelly Makes A'Spicy Pasta Dish, or Make Up Post Number 1

Today was a gorgeous day again, so we went for a walk to Starbucks to pick up Daddy a coffee, and some chocolate milks for the twins and take it to Daddy's work for a little chat. Then we went for a nice long car nap, ending just in time to go and pick up Milo from school. After I picked up Milo, we all went back to his house to finish up his homework and play around. As soon as Kelly got home, she jumped out of her car, and Milo and I jumped into it, leaving the twins and Kelly at home. Then I dropped Milo off at swim practice and headed alone to the nail salon to get my beauty on.

I picked out my shellac color and got the nail polish to match for my toes! After having luxuriated in the washing, scrubbing and massaging, I had finished 2 mind-candy rags and was ready for my brow shaping. When we were all done, I paid up and walked on my slippery feet back to Kelly's car to drive myself home. This had taken much longer than I had anticipated and it was now 6:40. When I got back to Kelly's house at 6:45, I still hadn't eaten and decided to not go to BLAST class, as much as it pained me. I didn't want to miss my great exercise, but I hadn't eaten since 10 am, and really didn't think I could get by with no food or shovel it down fast and not throw up!

I sat down to a lovely meal with my husband who had also shown up late. Kelly had started with some ground meat (I think it was beef) and added a touch of Italian seasonings to the mix. Being Kelly, she boiled two boxes of pasta because "there is no way one box is 8 servings"! I personally think that you should always have too much pasta, and not too little, so that no one has to go without, and you can always use the rest later! She added some jar sauce and for the adults, a little red pepper. Oh my goodness was it good! It had a whole mess of flavor and just enough heat on the back end to perk it up!

At the end of all that pasta, we decided to walk down and get some ice creamy stuff at BR. Moose and Ana got mini cones with soft serve, that Moose ate upside down. Kelly got some sorbet, and Ray and Milo, ice cream. I was still way too full from pasta to even THINK about anything more to eat! Then we walked over to grab some allergy meds at Walgreens, because this beautiful weather has all the plants twitterpated, and it is driving our little family up a wall with itchy eyes and runny noses! So having completed our tasks of finding sweet and drugs, we finished off our chilly night walk and headed back to Kelly's for jammies and drove on home. The twins are in bed, and I am soon after. Nos Pars!

No comments:

Post a Comment